[OCLUG-devel] JavaScript - An enhanced confirmation dialog box

Doug Jolley ddjolley at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 14:50:05 PDT 2005

> You don't return directly in the onSubmit event handler, you return from
> the function. So onSubmit should be onsubmit="function()", and the
> function should return true or false.

Thanks for the input, Chris.  I tried it; but, it didn't fix the
problem.  I think that it has to do with the fact that clicking on a
button triggers an event; but, a function that loads a document into a
window does just that without waiting for any events to happen.

Anyway, I have made some changes and I think that I have this problem
all but solved.  If I do actually get it solved, I'll post the
solution although I suspect that there's not a great deal of interest
one way or the other. :)

If I may, let me describe what it is that I believe is standing
between me and success. As you know, I have a document with a form in
it and that form has a submit button.  Clicking on the submit button
runs a JS function that opens a secondary window.  The secondary
window has a button which I *BELIEVE* is a property of the original
form -- the only form I have.  The reason I believe that is that the
button seems to function just fine and if I try to put it in its own
form it doesn't work.  So, with the changes I have made, I believe
that all I need to do is to get the event of clicking on the button in
the secondary window to run the click() method of the submit button in
the form.  That should be easy enough.  I'm just trying to run the
click() method of a button in a form in the primary window from a
button in a secondary window.  I think that once I'm able to do that,
I will have this thing solved.

Thanks again for the input.

      ... doug