[OCLUG-devel] Error Testing Tomcat Fedora Core2 RPM Install Default Port Used by Tomcat

Tony Dycks panfisher at earthlink.net
Sun May 22 15:02:51 PDT 2005

Recently installed the suite of RPMs files to install Tomcat V4 in
preparation for Java Web Dev on a standalone server.  I also started the
Tomcat Network Service successfully.

When I try to test for the initial Tomcat Web page using the URL,
http://localhost:8080, I get the message ...

The connection was refused while trying to contact localhost:8080.
I've successfully  installed a standalone Apache 2.0 Web Server.

Any suggestions on what port Tomcat may be using in an RPM or a utility
that may help me diagnose the condition.

Thanks,

panfisher