[OCLUG-devel] Lexicographically Sorted

Chris Berry chris_berry-list-oclug-devel at jm-associates.com
Wed May 25 18:09:30 PDT 2005

That's interesting, and kind of scary, seems like every time I learn
something new about computers it just reveals a whole new layer of
ignorance on my part.  Unfortuneately, the man pages you pointed to
don't define lexicographic ordering.  I'm not looking for a strcmp
replacement, I'm doing an excercise as part of my C programming
training.  I don't want someone to do the work for me, I just need to
know what lexicographical order is so I can figure out how to write the
algorithm.

Chris Berry
chris_berry at jm-associates.com
Information Advisory Manager
JM Associates

"There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not
be done at all." --Peter Drucker