[OCLUG-devel] usb

johnd john at jjdev.com
Fri Mar 10 12:34:47 PST 2006

Is anyone familure with using the ethernet gadget stuff?

First of all has anyone got the zerodevice working and tested?  (g_zero)
This is something you can pick when configuring the kernel.  If your pc has a
usb device plug (rare) or you are running on an emmedded sytem or
handheld, you can use this module for testing.

This gadget stuff is typically for emedded systems.  Where you have a
square plug not a flat usb plug.

Also, I've built the g_ether module.

At first I thought to build the g_ether stuff would make my embeded system
(running linux) to simply be like a usb/ethernet adapter.  Now I'm
thinking it might just make the device usb plug be like an ether net port that
would go to another box's client port (flat) to simply do something like
ip over a usb wire.

Just trying to understand this usb gadget stuff with how it relates to
g_ether
--
John de la Garza
http://jjdev.com/