[OCLUG-devel] PHP/MySQL

Stephen Crane scrane at cornerkitchenpeddler.com
Mon Jan 15 12:29:44 PST 2007

On Monday 15 January 2007 12:00, Doug Jolley wrote:
> Hi --
>
> I'm appending a short PHP program that I have written.  It is intended to
> establish and test an interface to a MySQL database.  The program
> happens to be named test1.php.  When I run the program manually
> by entering 'php test1.php' at a shell prompt it works perfectly and I
> see an output line that says, '<p>Row count: 6</p>'.  That is just
> what I would expect.  However, when I use a browser to display
> test1.php, I only see the 2 header lines.  An examination of the source
> (i.e., view source) reveals that the thing stalls out and has no output
> after the 2nd header line.  My only guess would be that I have some
> sort of mis-configuration of PHP but I have no idea what it would be.
> If anyone has any thoughts, I'd love to hear them.  Thanks for any
> input.
>
>       ... doug

I assume you've configured apache (or whatever server you're using) for php,
correct? That would be the first thing I'd check. If it's working properly on
the CLI, I would think that the php config is ok, and the problem lies with
the apache config. Just a thought, perhaps you could post the relevent parts
of your apache config.

- Stephen