[OCLUG-devel] Manually Submitting Form Data - Post Method

Christopher Smith x at xman.org
Tue Oct 30 15:02:55 PDT 2007

Doug Jolley wrote:
> Hi --
>
> If I wanted to manually submit some form data to a URL using the GET
> method, I would first suitably encode the data and then append it to
> the URL following a question mark (?).  What would I do to manually
> submit some form data to a URL using the POST method?
>
> Just for general information, I plan on doing this manual submission
> of form data from JavaScript.
>
> Thanks for any input.
The data is sent following the header for the POST request. I'm not sure
of the specific cross platform way to do it with Javascript, but in
general what you do in most OO languages is you "open" the POST URL, and
then "write" the data out to it. I did a quick check and found an
example of doing it with IE:

http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/17226/fid/616

--Chris