[OCLUG-devel] ICFP Contest 2004

Christopher Smith x at xman.org
Wed Jun 9 16:06:34 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 16:11, Stephen Crane wrote:
> Very cool. What would you suggest for my max core file size? Is unlimited the
> best for debugging? And where do I find these dumps? I looked at the bash man
> page and found the section on ulimit, I just can't find much on core dumps in
> there ;-)

Well, the main thing you want to avoid is a) a core dump which takes
forever, or b) a core dump which consumes all disk space. You won't have
too much problem with b) these days, but a) is definitely something to
consider. I usually set it to like 100MB for debugging simple programs,
since they never get near that large unless something has gone horribly
wrong.

--
Christopher Smith <x at xman.org>