[OCLUG-devel] Conditionally Included Sections in HTML Doc

Doug Jolley ddjolley at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 16:15:05 PDT 2005

I have a rather large HTML document which which I'm going to call the
master document and which includes a variety of sections.  Actually,
this large document represents a composite of several smaller separate
documents each of which are a derivitive of the master document
drawing certain sections alternatively and choosing whether to include
other sections conditionally.  The point is that all of the smaller
documents can be built from the larger document by selecting and/or
conditionally including sections from the mater document.  The reason
I maintain the master document is that it is much easier to maintain
the one master document and then develop the derivitive documents on
the fly (i.e., programmatically) as needed.  I am trying to figure out
how to best develop the derivitive documents programmatically from the
master document.  PGP is an obvious solution.  Using the here document
feature of bash script seems appealing.  Using server-side includes
seems a bit clumsey; but, could also be considered a possibility.
That's about the only 3 possibilities I recognize as being practical.
I'm wondering what I might be missing.  Suggestions?  Thanks for any
input.

      ... doug