[OCLUG-devel] Runtime Libraries

Doug Jolley ddjolley at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 15:26:02 PDT 2005

I need to do some user authentication for use on web pages and what Apache
provides isn't going to do it. (Basically, I need to authenticate a user for
access to a directory and then deliver a cgi web page that is dependent on
who the user is. Unfortunately it's not a variation on some central theme
depending on who the user is. It's a totally different page.)

So, I was looking at the crypt library function. Looks pretty straight
forward to me. I didn't think that I was going to have any trouble. Then,
all of the sudden, I realized that crypt is a runtime library. I've never
written anything that used a runtime library. So, basically my question is:
Am I going to be able to handle this or am I in way over my head? Is there
some way I can statically link this so that it becomes something more
familiar?

Thanks for any input.

... doug